About the Epistle
The epistles for Junior Gathering and Senior Conference are written at the end of the week.
An epistle is a piece of writing directed to friends everywhere. The content of the epistle is from everyone at summer school and senior conference.
How the Epistle is written – The Quaker way!
A draft epistle is written up by the nominated clerks of Junior Gathering or Senior Conference. Then in a special Quaker meeting (business meeting) the draft epistle is read out to the meeting several times, during this it is amended by anyone in the meeting who feels moved to add or change something. The clerks make the changes to the epistle depending on the sense or response of the meeting to the suggested change.
What you can find in the epistle
The Epistle is sort of like an informal report on what happened in the week of Junior Gathering or Senior Conference, but it is much more letter like than a formal report.
It hopes to capture the spirit of the week as well as the individual events.
Download the epistles:
- Junior Gathering Epistle 2019
- Junior Gathering Epistle 2018
- Junior Gathering Epistle 2017
- Junior Gathering Epistle 2016
- Junior Gathering Epistle 2015
- Summer School Epistle 2014
- Summer School Epistle 2013
- Summer School Epistle 2012
- Summer School Epistle 2011
- Summer School Epistle 2010
- Summer School Epistle 2009
- Summer School Epistle 2008
- Summer School Epistle 2007
- Summer School Epistle 2006